AIBD has sourced consultancy service of two experts on Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) Regulations formulation for the government of the Republic of Fiji through the Ministry of Communications/Department of Information (MINFO).
The two experts are Dr Amal Punchihewa, an independent consultant from Palmerston North, New Zealand and Professor Ju-Yong Ha from the Department of Media and Communication, Inha University in Incheon, Korea.
The four-day consultancy meeting will start from 3rd until 6th March, 2020. There will be discussions with the top officials and representatives from the Fijian government. There will also be a day long workshop on IPTV Regulations for representatives from all stakeholders and make recommendations and policy guidelines to the Fijian Government.
To provide consultancy by providing information on IPTV technologies, implementation strategies for IPTV, control of content and scheduling for IPTV services, non-linear viewing through catch-up TV etc:
• Understanding different network technologies for an IPTV application.
• Apprehend the implementation of IPTV services.
• Control technologies and solutions used.
• Knowing the current IPTV offer and its evolutions.
• Equipment and solutions.
• Case study: best practical example of implementation of an IPTV service.
The consultancy involves following pertinent areas:
1. Meeting and discussion with top officials representing the government of the Republic of Fiji through the Ministry of Communication/Department of Information;
2. Identify pertinent areas to be covered in drafting IPTV Regulations;
3. Formulating strategic plans to execute the Regulations;
4. Methodology in executing the Regulations (parties involved);
5. Time frame for execution;
6. Appointed IPTV Service Providers; and
7. Set-top boxes to be used.