Generally, sound editing is the laborious task of making noise and lousy recordings sound good while sound mixing is about taking the recorded tracks and blend them together using various processes to make a final seamless product. They are two different processes and each play a key role in post-production. It is not easy but challenging to use sound to engage audience.
Primarily, this workshop aims to provide a wider knowledge and understanding of the different application and output between analog and digital audio mixer, fundamentals of set-up and operation to meet TV/Radio production specification.
WORKSHOP CONTENT & LEARNING OUTCOMES
This 4 Days workshop takes a practical, real-world approach to sound editing and mixing for TV / Radio production and post production processes. It comprises of several modules that provide a hierarchy learning curve through classroom and hands-on session.
Amongst some of the contents and learning outcomes are:
- Introduction to various audio mixer.
- Understanding digital audio mixer i/o patching system.
- Digital audio dynamic processor.
- Enhance the skill in digital audio mixer operation and mixing.
- Identify cables and interconnectivity to complete the system.
- Know about audio in TV production, application and specification.
- Know about audio in Radio production application and specification
- Know about Control room monitoring and panels
- Enhance the skill for Mixer equalizer techniques
- Speaker orientation overview
- Advancing in mixing techniques and trend
- Able to choose the right mics
- Understand current types and application of digital audio mixer
- Understand the audio engineer /operator responsibilities
- Microphones techniques and its application
- Digital audio mixer functionalities
- Digital audio mixer elements
- Introduction to Pro Tools software in Audio Post production.
By the end of the workshop, participants are able to:
- Obtain the basic fundamental and broad-based understanding on the different application and output of analog & digital audio system.
- Understand and hands-on experience for workflow audio mixer operation (analogue and digital).
- Identify the types of digital audio mixer & audio software for TV/Radio production.
- Identify some basics of Pro-Tools software for Post Production .
- Identify the various type of broadcast audio and digital video format and application for TV system.
- Experience the useful techniques for sound editing and mixing for TV/Radio production .
- Apply digital video assist in Audio Post Production.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
Participants can be from Television news and program production;
- Audio Engineers and Operators
- Audio - Post & Production Technicians
- At least 2 years technical experience in audio production is an essential criteria; and
- Ability to express and write in English fluently.
Trainer :Mr. Mohd Azmi Bin Mohd Zahit
Senior Manager, Technical Services , MYTV Broadcasting Sdn Bhd