Information Technology is expanding and is making its presence felt in all the fields, broadcasting field is no exception. File based or tapeless workflow in TV studios is possible due to IT and networking. File base workflow has opened new vistas like creation of low resolution files during recording which can be easily accessed, shared across network and edited. Creation of thumbnails for fast search, Instant access to any part of the video file over network is only possible due to file based workflow. File based ingest is faster than baseband ingest. Re-use and repurposing of video in file domain is easy and degradation of file based videos are less than video tapes.
This workshop showcases file based solutions adopted in TV program and news production. Technical aspects of file based workflow will be discussed in detail.
By the end of the workshop, participants are able to:
- Understand the technical aspect of Automation in TV Newsroom.
- Use media asset management and file based workflow to handle multi-skills and multi-tasks within the newsroom network.
- Understand the challenges in changeover to file based system and managing hybrid setups during changeover period.
- Understand and evaluate several low cost and indigenous solutions in field of studio production, playback and archiving that can be adopted back home.
- Discuss the use CASPAR CG software programme for sports coverage.
- Discuss latest automation trends in program and news production.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
Participants can be from Television news and program production;
- Heads of Technical News and Programme department in television station;
- Broadcast Engineers;
- TV Technical Producers;
- Studio Technicians;
- At least five (5) years of experience in news and TV programme production/technical experience is an essential criteria; and
- Ability to express and write in English fluently.