The workshop aims to provide broadcasters and other media professionals with a clear understanding of digital radio broadcasting services, aiming to build and enhance confidence among the participants to design, plan and operate DAB+ technology based digital radio broadcasting services. This five-day workshop will provide expert knowledge and information on the current status of digital terrestrial radio broadcasting, interactive multimedia services, digital radio broadcasting: issues & challenges as well as sharing some of the case studies and experiences in the process of transition from analogue to digital.
At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to understand:
- Baseband digital signal processing for radio and sound broadcasting (analogue to digital conversion and compression)
- Transmission chain of DAB+
- DAB+ service options
- DAB+ network planning
- Linking with non-broadcast services including hybrid digital radio broadcasting
- Some regulatory and policy aspect in transition to digital
Profile of Participant
- Heads of Engineering and Management departments (Radio).
- Engineer, Assistant engineer and technician from engineering department.
- At least five years of experience in radio broadcasting.
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English fluently.