Recruitment Notice – Programme Manager
The Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD), a unique regional inter-governmental organisation hosted by the Malaysian government headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the below mentioned position for a period of two (2) years:
- University degree preferably in broadcast journalism;
- Professional qualifications in TV production, content creation, documentary or a related subject area;
- Minimum 10 years working experience in television programme production in any relevant field in television broadcasting;
or experience in social media and use of new media;
or skills and experience in conducting and organising broadcast training and consultancy activities;
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Good analytical, organisational, interpersonal communication and personnel management skills;
- A motivated team player who can work independently;
- Maximum age limit to apply is 45 years.
- Develop and design programmes in line with the AIBD vision, mission and objectives;
- Investigate and assess developmental needs of the broadcasting industry in member countries and organisations;
- Identify and contract qualified resource persons or teams for training and consultancy activities;
- Prepare cost estimates, exercise budgetary control and identify and negotiate with possible funding sources;
- Develop and supervise curricula for the activities and review and evaluate their effectiveness;
- Organise regional training activities to train and advise broadcasting professionals in various fields of modern TV production and use of new media;
- Prepare programme reports inclusive of accounts;
- Represent AIBD in relevant professional groups and international conferences;
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Director.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
The monthly salary would be not less than RM6,000 depending on the qualifications and experience. Expatriate staff will be exempted from the payment of income tax. Expatriate staff will also be eligible for:
- One month bonus for each completed year of service;
- Exemption from the payment of duties for purchase of one car within 6 months from the date of arrival in Malaysia;
- Group Insurance policy;
- Annual Leave of 25 days.
All other fringe benefits are as stated in the AIBD Manual of Office Procedure.
Closing date for applications is 30th November 2015.
Procedures Required for Applications
Applications by post must reach the AIBD at the following address:
Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development
P O Box 12066
50766 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Applications can also be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Applications must be accompanied by:
- Curriculum Vitae with copies of the latest degree/s;
- A passport size photograph taken within the last six months;
- The number of dependants and details of dependants who will reside in Kuala Lumpur if the applicant is appointed;
- Letters of recommendation, if any, may be included with the application.
The envelope containing the application must state the position applied for. All applications received after the closing date will be automatically rejected. Only short listed candidates will be called for interviews.
Should you require further information, please contact AIBD at:
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : (60-3) 22824618 / 22827192
Fax : (60-3) 22822761